What services does ITS provide?
The ITS Service Catalog provides the Binghamton University Community with a portfolio of IT service offerings in a online catalog packaged by relevant services. The ITS Service Catalog provides detailed information about each service, such as:
- The service name.
- A description of the service.
- Whom to contact about the service.
- Who is eligible for the service.
- Requirements to receive the service.
- Hours of availability.
- Cost, if any, for the service.
- Where to find additional information about the service.
Application Development and SupportProvide support for enterprise wide applications as well as custom software development and consulting.
Audio and Video Technologies
Provide a variety of services and technologies in support of the creation and distribution of audio and video content.
Communication and CollaborationIncludes email and Google Apps, telecommunication services, audio and video conferencing, and alerts.
- Blue Lights
- Campus Cable
- Audio Bridge (Conference Calls)
- Distance Learning Services
- Google Apps
- Mobile Apps
- Panic Alarms
- Polycom Soundstation Speaker (Conference) Phones
- Security Cameras
- State Contract Pagers
- Time Warner Roadrunner and Roadrunner with Digital Phone
- Voice Mail
- Web Conferencing
- Wireless Service (Cell Phones)
Consulting and SupportProvide support to students, faculty and staff on the use of available technologies.
- AV Consulting Services
- Computer Repair
- Digital Troubleshooting
- Digitization Services provided by NMRC
- E-Publishing Support
- Graphic Design Services
- Graphic Design Services - NMRC
- ITS Help Desk
- Media Production by NMRC (CD,DVD, BluRay - authoring and duplication)
- ResCon Program
- Statistical Support Services
- Text and Image Scanning
- Video Editing
- Web Design
- Web Services
- Web Space
Desktop Services and SupportProvide support for hardware and software issues, Virtual Desktop, pc and laptop quotes, setup, and hardware repairs for University owned equipment.
File Storage and PrintingProvide support for disk storage, backup and recovery services, and printing support in public computing labs.
Identity and Access ManagementProvide support for username/password and entitlements required to access University online services.
Instructional SupportProvide technology and support services to carry out the educational mission of the University.
ITS Data CenterProvide servers, storage, colocation hosting, hardware recycling, and scanning/test scoring services.
NetworkingProvide support for the campus network (wired and wireless), VPN, and firewall.
Provide technical and consulting services in support of the research community and associates.
Technology Teaching Tools and Services for Faculty
Provide a collection of technology tools and services for faculty and teaching staff to enhance student learning.
Last modified: 3 March, 2015